A nice sale to Ho Chi Minh City. It has not been this good since the $780 fare from San Francisco in September.
- March 7th – 18th, 2012. Valid for travel until April 30th, 2012 with limited availability in January & February, however, availability is good March & April. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by December 30th, 2011.
- SFO – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – NRT (Tokyo) – SFO
- 15,669 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Orbitz.com. United is unable to price what matrix.itasoftware is finding, however, it works fine on Orbitz.com for a few bucks than what matrix.itasoftware is showing.
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you can have an agent arrange a visa for pickup at arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for $20-25 handing fee paid upfront + $25 for the Visa payable on arrival. The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping