Hanoi is probably our favorite city in Vietnam. It less busy than Ho Chi Minh City and easy access to both Sapa and Ha Long Bay. Also, Hanoi has some of the best galleries in Vietnam. If you are interested in the new wave of artists from Asia, definitely check out the art galleries in Hanoi.
- February 7th – 14th, 2012. Valid for travel from January 1st – March 31st, 2012 for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Enable advance routing and enter “dl+” on both outbound and inbound to search only Delta. Must purchase by December 12th, 2011.
- LAX – TPE (Taipei) – HAN (Hanoi) – TPE – LAX. This is codeshare with China Airlines. You will receive full 100% mileage credit with Delta Skymiles.
- 15,596 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Use dates found at http://matrix.itasoftware.com and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you can have an agent arrange a visa for pickup at arrival at Hanoi Airport for $20-25 handing fee paid upfront + $25 for the Visa payable on arrival. The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping